Thursday, October 1, 2015

It All Started With a Cupcake...

I am often asked about my crochet history and since it is Throw Back Thursday, let's take a look back
.
Although my grandmother had wanted to teach me this art in my youth, I never did learn from her.
In 2010, I stumbled across an amazing hat made by April Draven that caught my interest immediately.  I knew I had to learn to make it. Although this was the first pattern I purchased, it was almost a year later before I actually made it.

I sat at the computer for one weekend, glued to YouTube, learning various stitches and crochet techniques.  By Sunday evening, my first item was complete... a purple amugurumi cupcake with pink sprinkles (I would love to link to the pattern I used, but in all honesty, I can't remember where it was from.  There is a multitude of free cupcake patterns online that all look similar... just google it).

So there you have it... it all started with a cupcake... and the rest, is as they say, history.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Just a Crafty Cupcake


Greetings! And welcome to A Crafty Cupcake: the Blog! I'm a self proclaimed crochet queen. Come with me on a fantastic crochet journey!

Popular Posts

Link Parties & Features

Rebeckah's Saturday Link Party
I was Featured on Calleigh's Clips & Crochet Creations

Link Me

A Crafty Cupcake

Follow Me

Follow
Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © A Crafty Cupcake | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes - Published By Gooyaabi Templates | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com